- JENKINS_HOME – set to ~/.jenkins by default
- Jenkins Workspace – set to /var/lib/jenkins/workspace
- master – Jenkins installation that serves HTTP requests, build projects, and distributes load to slaves
- slaves – nodes that build projects for the master, slaves run the ‘slave-agent’ process they don’t require a full Jenkins installation. Slaves can be added as a project grows.
- Several methods of communication between master & slaves are possible, but ssh is the most straight forward
- Projects can be configured to roam freely between projects or stick to a certain slave node